No cards today – I’ve run out of double sided tape which I didn’t realise was so Important until I haven’t got any! Not being able to make anything has made me the about wanting to look at something new to try. So I’ve thought about my top ten craft items – if anyone has any craft items that are essential let me know as I can then think about adding it to my wish list of things I want to try – there are so many different techniques and items that I don’t know where to start!
So, m top en card making items so far are:
1. Background card (obvious but essential!) I tend to just use plan white card although I have ordered some thicker card from paper mill which. Just need to pick up from my post office 🙂
2. Pretty papers – my favourite part of card making is playing with different colours and patterns and seeing what works together – for me this is essential for making cards.
3. Clear stamps – i like rubber stamps too, but I have been buying clear stamp sets while starting it to build up my options when making cards as they are cheaper and there tends to be a few stamps in each set to try.
4. Memento black no for stamping – I’ve been stamping on every card and so couldn’t do without this.
5. Pro markers – I bought these on the advice of another blogger and I’m pleased I did – I’m not very talented with them as I am still a bit worried about doing it ‘wrong’ and so like to keep it simple but. Love the different effects from using them n different ways.
6. Foam pads – to create a 3d effect and make the main image stand out I love these.
7. Ribbon. I like to add some ribbon or lace at the end as a finishing touch – it jus seems to add a bit of extra flair to a card. Trying to be careful not to go over the top with this though!
8. Gems – again, I got these on the advice of another blogger and they’re great, I’m not sure what. Did without them. They just add the final touch to a card 🙂
9. Acrylic block – for sticking the clear stamps to. Easily overlooked but I couldn’t stamp without it!
10. Scissors – just using basic scissors a the moment but it is fiddled a times. Obvious but another thing I couldn’t do without. And double sided tape – haven’t got enough room to write this now but I can’t make a card without it!!
That about sums up the whole of the card equipment I have – interested in trying something new or finds out others ‘essential items’ to get ideas of what I might buy next 🙂