Today I made a recipe I’d been thinking of making for a few days, and they were a big success with my boyfriend, who loves peanut butter 🙂 I found the recipe in a recipe book given to me by my nana: usborne beginners cookbook
I thought they were really simple to make – I did skip the ‘top with crushed peanuts step’ and slightly reduced the oats and increased the flour (I did 1oz oats, 3oz sifted flour) but otherwise did everything as it said.
These were yummy and I will definatly make these again 🙂 my boyfriends already requested that I make another batch!
This is the recipe I used (I changed it very slightly from the book, I used more flour and less oats, but its otherwise the same):
Makes 12 cookies
3oz brown sugar
4oz crunchy peanut butter
3oz self raising flour (in book it’s 2oz)
1oz rolled oats (in book it’s 2oz)
I egg (not essential, just for topping to add a glaze.)
1. Grease your baking trays and preheat oven to 170 degrees.
2. Mix together butter, brown sugar and peanut butter in a bowl until light and creamy.
3. Sieve in the flour, add the oats and stir well.
4. Press the mixture, knead with your fingers softly until it makes a soft dough.
5. Divide mixture into 12 balls.
6. Place the balls of dough onto a baking tray. Flatten them slightly with your hand. Leave space between each cookie.
7. Break and beat the egg and brush on top of each cookie.
8. Bake for 15 minutes until they are golden. Leave them on a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy 🙂 let me know if you try them and what you think xx