I actually made this ages ago and have just realised that I have never blogged it. And since I haven’t done a recipe for ages (I keep making stuff and forgetting to photograph it before eating it!) I thought I would add this one as its so easy, cheap, quick and can be used with anything. I used syrup, but it could also be topped with jam, lemon curd, marmalade, orange or lemon zest, whatever you like really.
So, the basic recipe is:
100 grams caster sugar
100grams self raising flour
6tablespoons Syrup/lemon curd/jam etc…
1. Preheat oven to 200degrees (I oven cooked but this could also be microwaved.)
2. Cream butter and sugar together.
3. Add the eggs a little bit at a time. Add a small amount of flour if it looks as though it could be curdling.
4. Fold in the flour,
5. Butter a pudding dish, and add your topping (eg: syrup). I spread this around the dish a bit to ensure good coverage.
6. Add the mix to the buttered, syruped (not even sure if this is a word!) dish, and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
7. To see if it is cooked insert a skewer – if it comes out clean it should be done.
Let me know if you try this – it really is a quick, easy and yummy pudding, perfect after a Sunday dinner or for a mid week treat.