It’s that time of the week again – time to join in with festive Friday over at thinly spread 🙂 she has created a Linky full of Xmas craft / baking ideas – go have a look, there are some brilliant ideas there.
This week I made cinnamon cookies – I love making cookies anyway, and usually make either peanut butter cookies or double choc chip cookies, but as its Xmas I thought I’d do something a little bit different, and have a go at cinnamon 🙂 they were gorgeous too – I think when I make them again ill add a little less sugar as they are sweet, but other than that really pleased with them.
200 grams butter/ margarine (I used stork)
200 grams golden caster sugar. This amount makes sweet cookies, if I made again I would only use 150-175 grams.
2 tablespoons golden syrup
300 grams flour (I used self raising by accident and they were fine, but usually I would use plain for cookies.)
3 tea spoons of cinnamon.
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda.
For the topping I used flaked almonds and a pinch of cinnamon and then golden caster sugar in each.
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
2. Line 3 trays with greaseproof paper / grease 3 trays.
3. Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl then add the syrup and mix.
4. Add the cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda to the weighed out flour, and then add all to the bowl and mix together.
5. Break into balls of roughly equal size. Mine made 19 cookies in total.
6. Put on the baking trays and flatten with your hand.
7. Top if you choose to – I put 4/5 almonds on each, then a pinch of cinnamon, and finally a sprinkle of sugar.
8. Bake for 12 minutes.
9. Take them out – they will still be really soft but they do harden up quickly.
10. Leave for a minute on the baking tray, then as they harden move to a cooling ram to finish cooling completely.
11. Enjoy with a cup of tea or a hot chocolate 🙂