This week I wanted to make something a little different to what I usually make with pasta. We all love pasta, the girls especially, and I was fed up of tuna or tomato pasta being all I knew how to make.
So I had a search and found the recipe above. I then tweaked it a bit
to make it cheaper to our preference ( the original recipe was tagliatelle, Parmesan cheese, and creme fresh – I used spaghetti, cheddar and a garlic and herb soft cheese).
We all enjoyed this, and it made enough for tea tonight and plenty for lunch tomorrow too, which is always a bonus!
To make, this is what you need:
3 courgettes, coarsely grated
A tub of Pancetta or bacon lardons (I used pancetta)
Spaghetti (I just guesstimated enough for 4 of us!)
200grams Philly – with or without garlic and herbs.
A garlic clove.
A handful of grated cheddar / Parmesan
The rest isn’t on the original recipe, but I also added
One red onion and one diced yellow pepper for extra veg and flavour.
1. Fry the veggies, pancetta and courgette for around 10 minutes. I didn’t add any oil as the pancetta and courgettes release enough moisture.
2. Add the garlic.
3. At the same time, add spaghetti to boiling water to cook.
3. When the spaghetti is cooked, add it to the frying pan with the veggies etc in and mix together.
4. Add the soft cheese and a touch of water if necessary.
5 add half grated cheese and mix.
6. Serve and sprinkle a handful of cheese on top.
This was a really delicious tea, and we all really enjoyed it. I will be making it again as it’s quick and easy, and we all liked it a lot. Let me know if you try it 🙂