If you love CSI and crime drama type programmes, Blacklist is or you 🙂 Me and Craig have been watching it for the past couple of months, and have just finished all of the existing episodes. So I thought It seemed like a good deed to share the information about it (I haven’t been asked to review it, I just wanted to).
What it’s all about
Former government agent Raymond “Red” Reddington (James Spader) has eluded capture for decades. But he suddenly surrenders to the FBI with an offer to help catch a terrorist under the condition that he speaks only to Elizabeth “Liz” Keen (Megan Boone), a young FBI profiler who’s just barely out of Quantico. *
What I liked
– It is much more than it says on the tin. In each episode there is a story – such as them going after a criminal. But there is much more. The motivations of the characters is interesting, and is developed a little during each episode.
– I loved the drama – I like escapist TV, things that I can watch, enjoy and don’t worry me, make me think too much or annoy me (I have enough of that in everyday life!). So this is perfect.
– There are some brilliant episodes, and the acting is pretty good – I especially like Red and Tom Keen.
The not so good
– Some episodes were a bit repetitive.
– They often let the criminals get away, which becomes a bit annoying.
– I wanted to know a bit more of the ‘why’ (don’t want to say too much in-case of spoilers) but the constant mystery of peoples motivations does get annoying.
– Everyone hated Red all the time, even when what he has done is actually a nice thing, like saving somebody.
I would recommend that everyone watch at least one episode – if you don’t like the first, you probably wont like the rest. If you like it, you might get a bit addicted 🙂
I’m onto The Good Wife now – I may love American crime drama a little bit.
* Blurb from imdb website. I couldn’t be bothered to write my own 🙂