It’s the end of the first week of being healthy. It’s gone really well actually. The things that have gone well are:
– drinking less tea. I’ve swapped tea (with sugar) to herbal or fruit tea, or water with lemon apart from one evening cup of normal tea. I’ve cut down from 3/4 cups of tea to 1 this week. I had a huge headache on Wed and I think it is because of this. I’ve felt good the rest of the week though.
– I’ve meal planned for the whole week for all meals – that’s been especially helpful at breakfast time as if breakfast goes wrong I find the whole day follows.
– I’ve been running. Four times this week. And I joined a beginners running group doing a couch to 5k programme. I really enjoyed the first week, and after it me, Zara, Hannah and Sarah have planned to meet up for extra runs in the week. We did one this morning (at 8.30am!) and although I am now shattered it was worth it.
– I’ve found it easier than I would have thought to turn down chocolate 🙂
– I’m feeling more confident already, and I took some photos of myself and although not huge, there is already a bit of a difference.
Things I need to focus on:
– this week I just want to stick to the same as last week. My meal planning slipped a bit at the end of the week – not too bad but I swapped a couple of things around. I want to stick to the plan this week.
– I am going to think about swapping my evening tea to something else with less sugar starting next week. This is a huge thing for me actually but I feel I will be glad if I do it.
– not slipping into bad habits!
I have been enjoying my salads this week, although I’m trying to vary them so I don’t get bored. I have enjoyed everything except for an apple pie porridge that I tried – I need to ‘tweak’ it a bit more to my taste. I still struggle with healthy breakfast as I just done enjoy them, but I’m trying to make things I want to eat.
My meal plan for this week is:
B – banana porridge.
L – chicken salad (already prepared).
T – fish chargrilled with steamed sweet potato and veggies.
B – fruit, yogurt and muslei
L – butternut soup (half a tub, bought from morissons).
T – chicken, veg and mash.
B – poached egg on toast
L – ham salad sandwich with fruit.
T – spaghetti bolognaise with wholewheat spaghetti.
B – porridge
L – jacket potato with tuna and salad
T – haddock and new potatoes with sweetcorn and peas.
B – fruit, muslei and yogurt
L – Tuna and sweetcorn pasta and salad
T – out after running club (sort this out!)
B – scrambled egg on toast
L fish fingers, new potatoes, veg
T – BLT in wholemeal baguette with salad
B – porridge
L / T – Sunday lunch.